Thursday, February 7, 2008

The beginnings of a nursery

The purchasing has officially begun and what a fun process it has been so far!

Matt and I went to visit with Mary Lou at Javis Davis yesterday and design and order the bedding for Hannah's crib. You may be surprised to hear that Matt went with me, but he said he really wanted to participate. Honestly, I thought he was most interested in participating to ensure I didn't go over budget, but he really did have "design" opinions and in the end he told me that I could get whatever I wanted (even if it was just a little over budget). What a good husband! I think Mary Lou was more surprised than me and she said he got major points in her book just for being there....what a trooper!

So below you can see the makings of our crib. I went in with the idea in my head that I wanted lots of cream and brown and just a spash of pink and I'm very pleased with what we ended up with. I've included a picture of the bedding style below and pictures of the actual fabric. I'll spare you all the details of which fabric will make the ties vs. the bumper vs. the sheet and just let you be surprised when I can show a final picture once it's been made. Mary Lou says they will have the it ready soon and I just can't wait to see the finished product!






I am meeting my Mom in Montgomery on Sunday and we'll be making a trip to Storkland. I'm hoping to get the crib ordered so we'll have a place to put this beautiful bedding! Now we just need to move out all of the office furniture to make room for a pretty little nursery!

On a side note, if you don't know about Javis Davis, they are great! It's a little shop here in Fairhope, but almost 95% of their business comes from out of town. They do phone consultations and ship you fabric swatches until you have exactly what you imagined. They really are so great to work with and produce some beautiful things! Check them out if you are in need of some beautiful bedding!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sally! I love the bedding!! Ava's bedding came from Javis Davis and I was thrilled with her bedding. Plus, Mary Lou is wonderful! Ava's bedding was sitting on our front porch exactly one week after I ordered it. Can't beat that! Oh, and the soft kinda bumpy material is what Ava has on the inside of her bumpers and she loves to feel it. I hope Hannah will enjoy it as much as Ava has. :) Take care! Much Love, Julie

Emily Chappell said...

SO pretty! I was thinking that the crib would be the thing pictured, and I thought it was very cool without wood or iron or whatever. Shows how much I know... My friend Jill got her very pretty crib at Storkland, so I am sure you will find something wonderful (and over budget) there. Maybe Matt should sit that one out. :)

Michelle said...

I came from Emily's blog. Congrats on your soon to be little girl. Her nursery is going to be precious.

e said...

Qh my gosh Sally...I just found your blog from hopping from a few others! I had no idea about Hannah! How wonderful!!! I'm so glad you have a blog so I can keep up with all the excitement!! Tell Matt hi and congrats!!!!

The Nebrigs said...

Sally! It is going to be so cute!! Can't wait to see it. Give Matt a high five for me, that was so nice of him to go with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally & Matt,
We are very excited for you two! Have fun picking things out & anticipating your sweet baby girl-
Love,
Martha Anne

Courtney said...

Sally, I love the bedding! It is beautiful & I can't wait to see a little girls nursery since we have so many boys down here. Let us know what all you find at Storkland!