Thursday, March 11, 2010

Back to it....

I started back to work this week. It has actually been somewhat refreshing to be back in somewhat of a normal and predictable routine. I feel a little out of my element without a little structure to my days and since I know maternity leave is not permanent, I have trouble finding structure during that time.

Now it hasn't been all easy and I've missed the dedicated time with Matt and the girls.

But, lucky for me I have an assistant. As you can see, she checks my email and takes my phone calls for me. What a help!

If I can just teach her the difference between the baby monitor and the telephone, we'll be in business!

My assistant unfortunately is not here everyday, but I have an officemate to keep me company. She really doesn't get much work done, in fact she actually sleeps on the job quite often. And if she's not sleeping then she's pretty much eating. But that's okay, I really like having her around and if nothing else, she's really fun to look at! Don't you think she's a cutie?


So I don't really have an assistant and an officemate here working with me, I have two children who just happen to both be under the age of two. I know people wonder how in the world I'm going to work from home with two babies. I wondered that myself, so I hired a nanny. Meet my nanny.


He's done great so far. I think he's going to work out just fine. Plus he's cheap, so I think we'll keep him!

In all seriousness, I am so thankful to work for a company that not only allows me to work from home, but allows me to work from home with two children. What a blessing! And the Lord has provided Matt with a flexible job and a schedule that just absolutely suits our needs for this time in our lives. And then there's Nini and Deeda who so graciously keep Hannah Cate two days a week and will likely start keeping Maddie one day a week. We couldn't do it without them.

It seems chaotic at times, but Matt and I, we are a team and I know we will look back on this season of life and smile and be thankful for the time we had with our babies.

1 comment:

The Hokansons said...

I miss ya'll! I'm so glad that Hannah Cate is there to help keep you straight. And Matt too. :-) Love.