Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Clive and Gabby

Before the blog is completely taken over by all things baby, I wanted to make sure to get in a post about our first "children". I have had a dog my entire life, at least for as long as I can remember. I just love them and I can't imagine not having a dog in my family. So, when Matt graduated from Auburn and started talking about wanting a Lab to be his buddy while he was living in Atlanta, it seemed like a good idea to me. So, I went and found Clive and he has been a part of our lives ever since! I gave him to Matt as an early Christmas present in 2001. I'm not sure that he knew what he was getting into by even mentioning to me that he might want a Lab, but they did quickly become the best of buddies! Clive has turned out to be a great dog....he started out a little rough. But after some training, he's really a great dog that loves to play and that loves us and anyone else that will pay him some attention!




When Matt and Clive made their way back to Birmingham from stints in Atlanta and Dallas, Clive came to live with me because I had the better fenced in yard at the time. In the summer of 2003 we decided it was time that Clive had a friend to keep him company, so we went to find Gabby. She was the cutest puppy, with the sweetest face that I have ever seen.



And without a doubt, she immediately fell in love with her big brother! Matt and I always used to laugh because Clive was obedient to us, but Gabby was obedient to Clive. She just did (and still does) whatever he did. It took him awhile to feel the same way about her as she did about him, but in time he grew to love her too and they are the best of friends!

So that's the story of how we became the owners of two Labs. I love them more than you could probably imagine and the best part is that they love me too! I really cannot imagine our family without them and I know they will quickly become best friends and protectors to Hannah Cate. I fully intend to instill my love for dogs in her, so I know she will love them too!




1 comment:

Emily Chappell said...

I love the one of Gabby as a puppy looking up at her big brother. Aren't pups the greatest?!?! Can't wait to see them tonight!