Thursday, June 5, 2008

And the chandelier was hung in the nursery with care

"Hang Chandelier in Nursery" has been at the top of my "to-do" list since I brought it home from Birmingham almost two months ago! Even though it was on my "to-do" list, that really means it was on my list to remind me to continue to ask my "I hate projects" husband to do it for me. I say that lovingly, but he really doesn't always love the projects that I come up with for him to help me with!

So, after much begging and prodding, the chandelier is up. I'm very proud of it. I found it at an antique store in Bluff Park and paid a whopping $35. I wish I had a before picture to show you....because it has had a definite transformation. I took it to the lighting store in Homewood to determine what it would take to get it in working condition, only to find out that their initial estimate was $75 and that was just to look at it! Feeling a bit defeated, I hoped that I would get it home and miraculously it would just work......that truly would have been a miracle and you would understand if I had those before pictures! Having to pay another $75 wouldn't make it such a good deal anymore.

Little did I know that my Dad is an excellent electrician, which he picked up from his own Daddy. How great for me! After a quick trip to Lowes and only $18 worth of supplies (and that included the paint and primer I needed to get it looking good), Dad was sure he had everything he needed to get it working for me. I left it with him for a few weeks and sure enough, on my next trip to Birmingham, it was working and ready to go. Thank you Dad, you are the best!

Though Matt couldn't understand why I wanted to replace a perfectly good light that was already in the nursery, he agreed to help me make the switch. He did a great job and I know it wasn't easy.....it seems that working with "antiques" never is! After a few trips to the hardware store, it's perfect and hanging beautifully! Thank you Matt for your perseverance, you too are the best!



And here's a little sneak peak at the nursery. All I have left is the Roman Shade and panels for the window. Krista is so talented and is helping me, so I'm hoping we'll get them finished up next week after the fabric for the panels finally comes in from back order. Once it's really finished, I'll post some more detailed pictures.

A quick update on the baby front.....we went to the doctor yesterday. I've started to "thin out" but still no dilation. He says she's dropped even further, so it's just a matter of time. We'll go back on Wednesday (6/11) for another check up and see if I have progressed any further. For now, we are just hanging in there and enjoying the heat!

3 comments:

e said...

Sally it all looks GREAT and I love the chandelier...well worth all the effort you three put in! Troy and Matt can bond sometime over being "I hate projects" men! I can't wait to see pictures of HC in that wonderful nursery!!

Courtney said...

The nursery looks great & I love the chandelier...Matt did a great job!

Emily Chappell said...

Looking great!! All that's left is sweet Hannah Cate! I am really getting impatient about her arrival...I am ready to meet her!!!