Thursday, May 29, 2008

The 30 Day Countdown!

I can hardly believe that we only have 30 days left before this little baby girl is going to arrive. Maybe I should say is "supposed to" arrive! I'm fully prepared for the fact that she could be late and try not to think much about her being early because I feel like that will just get my hopes up.

All is well. Our doctor's appointments have all been very normal and Dr. Shoemaker says we are progressing as expected. At our last appointment he said she was already "way down" but I'm not at all dilated. It's strange that she's down already because it sure doesn't feel like it. She still likes to camp out in my ribs! I thought when she dropped that would go away but Dr. Shoemaker says the only cure for that is going to be delivery....sounds good to me! We go back on Wednesday and will have an appointment once a week until she arrives. We made appointments all the way up until June 26th!

Matt and I are trying to make all we can of our time left as a family of two. We've spent as much time as possible out on the boat, which has been so great! I promise to post pictures soon. Even after putting $90 worth of gas in it yesterday, we both just smiled and said we are so glad to have it! If you know Matt at all, that is really saying something....he's not one to part with $90 very easily! We already loved living in Fairhope, but having the boat has made it even better! There's nothing like being able to get out on the water. Mike and Bobi (Matt's Dad and Step-Mom) have already gotten Hannah Cate her own little life jacket, so it won't be long before we introduce her to what has become one of our favorite past-times.

We are finishing up the final touches on the nursery. We have to hang the chandelier/light fixture. Finish up the roman shade and panels for the window and I have to find the right shade for the lamp. I think that's about it and I'll post some pictures for all of you who have been begging. I wanted to wait until it's a finished product so you can get the full effect! Mom is coming in town this weekend for our last baby shower that's here in Fairhope, so I'm expecting we'll knock out a few of these projects while she's here. I'm hoping she'll help me plant a flower in the empty pot that has been sitting on my front porch for a month now!

I promise to have some pictures next time....I know that makes it more fun!

1 comment:

e said...

woo-hoo Sally!!! the countdown is on for sure!!