Sunday, December 14, 2008

Eugene Recap

I started this blog on the last day of our trip (12/14) while we were still in Eugene. The first line said....I wanted to get pictures up now because when we get home it's going to be non-stop work, Christmas parties and traveling until after the New Year. I was right.....here I am two weeks later finally getting around to recapping our trip out West.

We had a great time!
Go here to see Emily's recap. She did such a great job, that I won't say much more (but I will include a few of my favorite pics). I will say that it was such a pleasure and a joy to meet little A.J. in person. What a sweet boy he is! He loves his Mommy so much and is quick to let you know it. I think he looks like his Daddy, but if he keeps his red hair I'm sure we will start to see more of the Barnes family in him. As I sat on the bed and held him before we went to sleep on that last night, I just cried knowing that it would be many months before I got to see him again and hold him again. He will be older than Hannah Cate is now when we see him in June. That's far too long! I love him so much and am so thankful that we were able to make the trip!

Getting to know each other

Such a handsome little man!

Poor A.J. couldn't defend himself from the hands of an interested Hannah Cate!

And eventually she figured out how to get that paci out of his mouth!

But don't worry, we made sure he got it back and all was well again!

We took them to visit Santa. I'm sure next year will be much more interesting!

We had lots of little photo shoots on the couch

So many that by the end we got the kind of faces that said "Seriously, aren't you done already?!?!"

We spent lots of time lounging! Things get interesing with two little ones that like to be held!

This must be Hannah Cate's "holiday" photo face. Remember the
Halloween pumpkin picture?

A.J. did lots of this.....don't you love those sweet hands!

Sweet babies in matching Christmas PJ's
OK, matching PJ photo shoot officially over......thumb in the eye = not cool!

Don't you just wonder what they are thinking!

Dear A.J.,

Thank you for letting us come visit, we had a great time. We'll come back again in the spring or summer and Uncle Matt will come with us! You are so blessed to have a Mommy and Daddy that love you so much and take such good care of you. You are one loved baby boy. Please don't forget all your family "down South". When you come visit in June, we'll teach you everything you need to know about humidity, sweet tea, grits and that sweet southern drawl. But most of all we'll teach you that there is nothing like some good lovin' from your family! I love you so much and I can't wait to see you again!

Hugs and Kisses,
Aunt Sally

No comments: