Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I've been singing that song to Hannah Cate over the last week.....with a few word modifications of course, because I do know "when we'll be back again". We left yesterday on a jet plane (three of them actually) for Eugene, OR to visit my sister and brother-in-law and to meet baby AJ for the first time! We are here, safe and sound, and not too traumatized from traveling alone with an infant (that's me at least, you'll have to ask HC if she's traumatized, but based on her good behavior, I think not).

So, to mimic the over-used Mastercard commercial....

Roundtrip ticket, 2 connections, 10 hour travel time.....50,000 Delta skymiles points
Checked bag.......$15
Large plastic bag for car seat protection.......$5
Turkey sandwich and Diet Coke in airport.......$13
People magazine, bottled water and goldfish crackers.....$10
Getting to meet sweet baby AJ for the first time.....priceless!!

We are so glad to be here and I'm so thankful for such a good baby. I'll post more later and some pictures from our trip, but for now, we are soaking in the baby boy and our family time.

1 comment:

e said...

YAY!! So glad your trip sounds like it went smoothly! Can't wait for pictures!