Thursday, November 12, 2009

They say the darndest things

You may be thinking that I don't have a child old enough for a post with this title. You would be right, but I do have a husband and they can say some pretty crazy things too! Just yesterday for example, here's two things that came out of my dearest one's mouth.

I'm standing at the stove cooking dinner, Matt is sitting at the kitchen table, so he has a good side view of me in all my pregnant glory. Upon taking me in, he says, "I think you are as big now as you were right before you had Hannah Cate". Ouch! I'm not even 30 weeks yet!

Later in the evening (same evening, mind you), we were cleaning up the kitchen from the spaghetti casserole I had just made for a lady that has been sick at our church. He takes in a big whiff and says, "This smells just like a McDonald's cheeseburger!" Hmmm, not exactly the smell I shoot for when I spend an hour cooking a meal!

It's a good thing I love him!

4 comments:

The Hokansons said...

I didn't know Matt could fit both feet in his mouth at the same time! :-)

The LaVecchia's said...

Ain't that the way of it? You're working hard and he's saying stuff like that! Glad to know mine's not the only one who does it! I'm sure you are absolutely beautiful and that your spaghetti casserole was wonderful and greatly appreciated!

The Collins Family said...

Matt, Matt, Matt...with your sweet, beautiful wife being 30 weeks pregnant, now would be a good time to turn the filter on! :) ha ha. Boys will be boys.

RMiller said...

atta baby Matt...I needed a laugh today