Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beach Trip

A couple of weeks ago we went to the beach with a big group of friends. Five families totaling 10 adults and 9 children - we had them outnumbered this year, but next year they'll have us beat! I think the trip was overall a resounding success. It was a way different beach trip than I am used to, but we made it work. It was really great to just get outside of our normal day-to-day routine. Some of my favorite times were after the kids had gone to bed and we just sat out on the balcony and chatted.

Hannah Cate loved spending time with the boys and I think she has officially developed her first crush. She has been talking about Peyton ("Pake") ever since we left. She really does thrive in social settings and loves being around other kids. Every time we left to go to dinner, etc. she would ask "Home to condo?" It was really hard to explain to her on the last day when we were leaving for good that we were going home-home and that "home to condo" was just a vacation. I think she wouldn't have minded staying forever!

Maddie was a little trooper. Sleeping on the go when needed and overall going with the flow. She's really coming into her own and developing her own sweet personality. I'm so thankful for her happy disposition.


Nothing like a little dinner and napping. I think we made a mistake at dinner this night. We went to a place in Alys Beach called George's. Great food, great atmosphere, but we really paid ($$$) for it!


So glad our girls got his gorgeous blue eyes!

Ethan

Thomas (aka T-bug)

Robert

Peyton, Ethan and Jackson

Hannah Cate attempting to play with Finn - he wasn't so interested!


Hannah Cate has developed a great love for the ocean (osh-ee) this year. She loves to play in the waves and screams over and over "waves get me"!

Sweet Maddie. I love this girl!
Loving on my sweet girls!

I did celebrate a birthday that ends with a "0" while we were at the beach. The girls planned a little cake party after dinner that night and it was a good day. Matt surprised me with an upcoming vacation that we'll get to go on just the two of us - can't wait!


Kids playing amongst the local paparrazi!

This was our second attempt at the beach with Maddie. Attempt one officially failed. We were there for less than 10 minutes and hung it up. Day two we went armed with a plan and it was a much better beach outing! Maddie stayed perched in her bouncy on the beach chair and all was good!


Self portrait!


No oil made for great beach and ocean time.

Shands-man. Probably one of the most self-entertaining, wild-man kiddos I've ever been around!

There's nothing like a good nap on the beach! I wish that could have been me!


We had a great time and can't wait until next year!

No comments: