Thursday, July 22, 2010

Life as the Baby

Hannah Cate loves, loves, loves Maddie. Maddie loves, loves, loves Hannah Cate. The two of them are most content when they are together. Of course Maddie can't really play with Hannah Cate just yet, but Hannah Cate really thinks that she is playing with Maddie. Sometimes at sweet Maddie's expense. We've learned pretty quickly that we can't turn our backs for very long!

But we have learned the hard way in some cases.......

Hannah Cate has developed an obsession with hats lately, but in most cases, she's obsessed with taking them off. She's been saying to Matt recently "hat off" every time he has a hat on. G-Daddy came to play with us on Monday and he received the same treatment. Maddie on the other hand was given the Hannah Cate stamp of approval to wear the "War Eagey" hat (whether it fit her or not).


Hannah Cate has also developed a great fondness for talking to people on the phone. We like to call Mimi and G-Daddy on the phone since we don't get to see them as often. Hannah Cate likes to make sure Maddie gets to talk to them too!



I'm not even sure how to explain this one, other than to say, this falls in the "don't turn your back" category. We were getting ready to go to the pool and Maddie was waiting patiently already loaded in her car seat while the rest of us were getting our stuff together. Hannah Cate grabbed one of the chargers off the dining room table and proceeded to put it over Maddie's face. The funniest part is that it didn't even phase sweet Moo-Moo - no arms flailing or legs kicking. I guess you get used to just about anything around here!

On Saturday I was home alone with the girls and I was trying to get a few things done around here. Hannah Cate was playing in her room and so I thought I would put Maddie in Hannah Cate's crib ("kib") where she would be safe and sound but could still be in the presence of Hannah Cate (again, they are both happier and more content when they are together). I came back to check on them, only to find every single one of Hannah Cate's toys (books, stuffed animals, baby dolls, puzzle pieces, you name it) in the crib with Maddie. Poor girl was practically buried underneath a mound of toys. Would you believe me that she wasn't even crying or fussing? She was actually smiling when I peered over the crib to find her under the mess. So much for safe and sound in the crib. I don't have a picture of this near catastrophe because my camera battery was dead I was just trying to rescue my baby!


As for the big sister responsible for it all. This is the face I get when I ask her if she thinks maybe she's playing a little rough with sister:

Hmmmmm.....what am I supposed to say to that?

4 comments:

The Hokansons said...

Poor, poor Maddie. I NEVER would have put a plate over MY little sister's face. :-) (I probably did much worse.)

Love to all!

Adriane said...

PRICELESS, Sally! I love that they are so close already:) They are both gorgeous like their Mama. Love to y'all...

Christy said...

How funny! I love that little Maddie enjoys her big sis's attention!

Ryan and Emily said...

That is hysterical!!! The pic with the charger cracks me up!!! Love yall!!!