Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Tale of Five Ornaments

In 2006, my family started giving us a "Miller family" ornament each year. They have become my favorite ornaments to pull out each year because they represent our ever-changing and growing family!

Since 2006, the ornaments have changed every year. Either we've been pregnant or it's been one of the girl's first Christmas.

2006

2007

2008


2009

And last weekend my Dad gave us the new 2010 ornament - double change this year......
2010

I'm excited to say that in 2011 our "Miller family" ornaments will be set and not changing!


We'll be a family of five!! Baby #3 due July 6th.


PS - We have absolutely no intention of actually calling Maddie - "Maddie Moo" but I'm glad that now we'll have a reminder for years to come of what her baby nickname was! I also realize (though I'm confident that my Dad did not - men, not into details) that her piece of the ornament was likely meant for a dog (with the paw prints and all). Given that now she's going to be the dreaded middle child, I'm thinking that I probably need to go and swap that out!

8 comments:

e said...

What a wonderful surprise! Horray for families of five in 2011!!! I'm so excited for y'all, can't wait to hear details!

Shelley said...

SALLY MILLER! I am glad I went "blogging" today. I am so thrilled!!!

The LaVecchia's said...

Congratulations!!! July babies are sweet. :)

McKt said...

Congrats! Third babies are fantastic and families of 5 are crazy, but in a good way. Great way to make the announcement!

Andrea said...

Congrats Sally!! Not sure if you saw my blog this week, but we are also adding to our family. My due date is July 4th! It is so crazy because you are the 8th friend I know pregnant and due in July!

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas! :)

Jennifer D. said...

What a fun way to announce the new bundle of joy!!! Emily told me a few weeks ago. I am thrilled for you, Matt and the girls. Congratulations!!

Ryan and Emily said...

LOVE IT!!!!! We can't wait!!!!!

Shelby and Darby said...

Congrats! I know the girls are excited too!