Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A cousin!

My sister is going to have a baby! Hannah Cate and her cousin will be a short four months apart and we couldn't be more excited. I'm already having visions of our family gatherings with two kiddos that will be so close in age and it just makes me smile.

I can't say that I'm all that surprised that it's turned out this way. Emily and I have a track record of having major life events very close together (usually within the same year), even though we are four years apart in age. She graduated from college in December of 2000 and I graduated in December of 2001. She got married in July of 2004 and I got married just a short nine months later in April of 2005 (sorry Mom and Dad!). And now I'll have Hannah Cate in June and she'll have baby Hokanson in November.

Matt and I are so excited to meet our new niece or nephew. Now we just hope they will move a little closer. Oregon really is just way too far away!


3 comments:

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

That is so fun! I have two brothers and we all had our first children within 3 months of each other...family gatherings are a blast! I am sure my parents are glad to see us all go though because after caring for 3 infants I know they are exhausted!

The Nebrigs said...

cousins close in age are so so fun!! you guys are going to love it!!

Shelley said...

How neat to have your sister going through her pregnancy at the same time?! So happy for you both...I am sure you guys will have fun sharing stories...