Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Birmingham Baby Showers

Two weekends ago we went to Birmingham so that we could be "showered" by our family and friends. I was completely blown away and just reminded of how loved we are and therefore how much our baby will be loved. Everyone's generosity is humbling and we are so thankful. When we left for Birmingham our nursery contained a crib, bedding, changing table and a few clothes hanging in the closet. Now, there's hardly room to walk in there and we have so much organizing to do!


We started the weekend on Friday with a shower at White Plume (where I work). Here are a few pictures...
Matt got to come to this shower
and this is how he enjoyed his time!

How cute is this little outfit. In case you can't read the print, it says
"Does this diaper make my butt look big?"
Karla actually made this beautiful diaper bag!

These are the sweet hostesses (minus Kelly) that made the shower possible!
Thank you so much!

On Saturday, my closest friends hosted a shower for me. It was so great to see family and friends that I just don't get to see very often! Including my sister, who made a special trip all the way from Oregon for the shower! The shower was perfect with great food and fellowship. A time that I will never forget! Here are a few pictures......

Hannah Cate and I with the spread of food


My hostesses and dearest friends

With my Mom and Emily

My Mom got us the diaper bag and I love it!

I loved this little dress from my friend Ivy!
My friend Jen is so talented and she painted this canvas for the nursery. It's now hanging above her crib and is such a special touch to her nursery. When they brought it out to me at the shower, I could hardly hold back the tears.
We truly have just about everything we need......now we just need a baby to try it all out on! We've hit the 2 month count down and she'll be here before we know it.

3 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

I love your cute shirt and white pants. I also love your HC painting! Can't wait to see it all put together. :)

The Nebrigs said...

Sally, I'm with Emily, I love the cute top and white pants!! Also love the Hannah Cate painting!! Can't wait to see it up!!

Courtney said...

You look adorable!!!! Such a stylish pregnant lady! I can't wait to see the nursery & meet little Hannah Cate!