Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Lesson on Bitterness

Over the course of the last year, Matt has been working pretty exclusively on a project in Orange Beach. He and his Dad are the realtors for Heritage Motor Coach Resort and Marina. It's a luxury resort and marina on a beautiful piece of property and is designed specifically for Class A motor coach owners. Class A indicates the "big daddies" of RV's. They are the nicest of the nice and this resort was designed exclusively for them. It was not meant to exclude other motor coach or RV owners, but rather to ensure guidelines for the kind of vehicles that would reside there.

A couple of weeks ago they sent out a marketing brochure to a list of what they believed to be qualified Class A owners. It was a small post card with the details of the property. They received the following letter (along with the original post card) back from a lady in Louisiana:

To Whom it May Concern,

We do not have a motor coach. We do have a Class A camper and Class A Ford Lariat 250 Diesel. Perhaps you need a better education to be better informed before you waste our time and yours, as we are millionaires, we do not ever want to deal with snooty, so called Class A resorts. Do me a favor and loose this address. I have no time for prejudice resorts, we wouldn't let you board our dog let alone our camper.

P.S. Put this flyer in your trash, ours is too good!

I did type the letter word for word and comma for comma as she wrote it. Interesting that she mentions that they should be more educated. Matt and his Dad got a laugh out of the letter. When Matt showed it to me, again, we got a good laugh. It really is funny!

The more I have thought about it though, it's really been a lesson to me. This poor lady obviously lives a pretty bitter life. I commit today to not let anything steal my joy and build up to the point of rage over a silly post card!

Whether or not you happen to own a Class A Motorcoach, check out the website for Heritage and see what Matt has been up to. I am so proud of him for his determination and desire to provide for our family!

www.heritageorangebeach.com

3 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

Oh my soul, that is hysterical! I love the "as we are millionaires..."

The Nebrigs said...

I'm not so sure I would want to run into that woman in person!!! She sounds a little over the top!!!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.