Monday, March 9, 2009

Bright Sunshiney Days

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. We took proper advantage of the lovely weather and spent lots of time outside. Hannah Cate made her debut appearance at two different parks in one day! I knew that she would love to swing based on her reaction to some doorway swinging in her bouncer....but it was really fun to see her reaction. And of course, it created a few great photo ops! But let's be honest, at this stage, what doesn't??!!

We headed to the Triangle Park on Saturday morning to meet Nicole and Ethan, Carson and Ryan and Robert and Emily.

And I was right, she loved the swing!

Ethan was too distracted by the ringing bell on the nearby church to smile for the camera!

We tried for a group photo, but Ethan wasn't interested. Doesn't Hannah Cate just look appalled that he would be crying like that while standing next to her?


We opted for Hannah Cate and Robert......

And then Ethan decided he wouldn't mind sitting in the back!

We left the park and went home to get Matt and the three of us headed down to Orange Beach for a little shopping and to see how Heritage (the Motorcoach Resort that Matt's been working on) is coming along. They have made lots of progress and we cannot wait for it to open later this summer! We met up with Nini and Deeda and hit up the Orange Beach Waterfront Park before going out to dinner with them.

This time we tried out the slide...
and it was a hit too!


A little more swinging for good measure and so the rest of the family could see the Baby Girl in action! I have a feeling we'll be doing lots of this over the next few months.



And to round out our weekend of outdoor fun, after church and a nap on Sunday, we headed down to the Bay for an afternoon stroll.

There are many things about Fairhope that I love, but one of my favorite has to be the amazing flowers that they plant on every corner. It's hard not to want to stop at each one for a picture!


It has been so much fun to watch Hannah Cate discover new things. On this outing she discovered the grass.....in between pictures I had to pry it from her hands before it made it to her mouth!


I'm not sure that I have ever been so thankful to see Winter go and Spring come.....I hope it's here to stay for awhile!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I must say that seeing your pictures makes me miss Fairhope more than you know! I wish we could be there to play at the park with you guys! It looks like you are taking advantage of this wonderful weather & Hannah Cate is just precious. I hope to see you guys soon!

Ryan and Emily said...

Oh my goodness, that smile is precious!!!! I can't wait to see her, please come to bham soon!!!! She is just growing so much.