Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What you really should know...

I came in to check my email tonight before heading off to bed. I thought Blogger had created some kind of crazy error because I was getting emails about comments left on a post that I had not written. With great confusion, I clicked on the link to the post in question, fully expecting to be directed to someone else's blog only to be directed to my blog with sure enough a post that I had not written. As I read it, it became very clear there was no mistake, Matt just decided it was time he take part in the blog writing efforts.....in a mighty strange and unexpected way.

What you should you really know is that I married someone that makes me laugh everyday. I went into our bedroom to find him in bed, reading, and as soon as I said "Well, Matt..." he burst out laughing. We both had a good laugh and really, that was his sole purpose in that blog, to try to make me laugh.

All of the things he said are true. He does have a hug for me every morning and I go to bed every night knowing that I am loved by my husband. There are times that I think that we just could not be more opposite, but then I realize that there's such value in the balance that we provide to each other and our family. He's an amazing father and loves Hannah Cate like I never could have imagined. It's been such a privilege to experience. I can't wait to see him with his "three girls" come January.

I married my best friend and am so thankful for the laughs he provides. As I am sure you would all agree, marriage is not easy. It's a refining fire like I have never experienced. It's not always Rosy and pretty, but I can't imagine walking this road with anyone else. I really am blessed.

5 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

That Matt is a funny one!

I should have been suspicious with the lowercase "i" in the last sentence. :)

Anonymous said...

He would do that! Love yall and by the way so excited about Baby Girl Miller #2 coming.

Callie said...

That comment was from me. I forgot my name.

e said...

Ok now THAT sounds more like the Milly I know! Ha!! SO SO SO funny!!! Well done, my friend, we done.

The Hokansons said...

Awww.... Matt. Thanks for taking such good care of my sister! Can't wait to see your daddy skills in action soon!

Love to all!