Saturday, January 16, 2010

Big and Little

Hannah Cate came to the hospital to meet her little sister the day after she was born. When she came in and saw her, she immediately said "Awwwww".

She really has been so sweet to her and all signs point to the fact that she already loves her little sister.

This was the reaction I got when I walked through the door on Wednesday. What a welcome and way to warm a Mama's heart. I was afraid she was going to be mad at me for leaving her. Of course it certainly helped that she was in such good and fun hands with Mimi and Aunt Emily!

The adjustment so far hasn't been without a few little bumps, but fortunately all the bumps have been directed towards us (the big people) and not baby sister!
Hannah Cate loves to give her kisses and point out her nose, eyes and hair. She likes to remind us to "Shhhh" when the baby is sleeping and she always wants to look at her when she comes into the room or realizes Madelyn is around.

I'm pretty sure we are going to be just fine and based on baby sister's smile in the picture below.....I think she agrees!

I just can't wait to watch these girls grow up together, what a priveledge we have!

1 comment:

Christy said...

How sweet, Sally! I hope Isabella does this well!