Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hannah Cate's Baptism

This weekend we publicly dedicated our baby girl to the Lord, in front of our families, friends and church family. The PCA church believes the Bible clearly calls for infant baptism, I have no plans of debating the topic, but if you are interested I'll send you this book.....Hannah Cate and I studied up on it last week in preparation for today.
It was a special day, one that we were thankful to share with the people that we love the most (most of them at least) and that love us so well.
Hannah Cate was an angel during her time up front (two bottom teeth emerging and all!). No spitting, fussing or crying. I've seen so many baptisms in my life, but it was truly surreal to be the one standing there, handing over our baby and taking the vows of how we will raise our child. I still have moments when I look at Hannah Cate and think "she is mine" and today was certainly one of them.
After church, we hosted a luncheon at our home for all of our family. It was a great ending to what was a meaningful day, one that we will never forget and that we will strive to continue to live out the rest of our days.



1 Samuel 1:27-28 "I prayed for this child, and the Lord granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For this whole life he will be given over to the Lord."


If you are interested, click here for the whole day in pictures.

4 comments:

Christy said...

What a special and beautiful day! You are all so blessed to have each other.

Aunt Janet said...

I am glad that it was a perfect day. She looks so cute - love her necklace and bracelet. Thanks for posting photos so promptly for all of us to enjoy.
Love to all
Aunt Janet

Emily Chappell said...

Baby Girl is so beautiful!!! Excellent choice on the dress. I might have to borrow it one day for Anne Wade or Caroline. :)

We sure do love HC!!

Busy Mom said...

It was such a sweet time!! Her dress was gorgeous but her family is even more beautiful!!