Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve and Day

So I mentioned at the beginning of my Christmas recap that this was the first year that we stayed home and were not traveling on Christmas. It was so nice to be home, but it also made me realize that I've had it easy all these other years! One of the great things about not being at your own home is that you are not nearly as responsible for the details! My one regret is that I was so enthralled with the details that I did a terrible job with the camera. I'll do better next year!

Granddaddy came to spend Christmas Eve with us. I cooked a big pot of Chicken and Vegetable soup and while it was simmering we went to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at church. It's really the first time we've been able to actually go to a Chrismas Eve service at our own church and we really enjoyed it. No pictures of Hannah Cate in her sweet nativity scene dress. We came home and ate dinner together. Just about as soon as dinner was over and cleaned up, I started working on our Christmas Day brunch. But not before we let Hannah Cate open a Christmas Eve present from Mary Rose and Jack.

How fitting that Jack got her a jack-in-the-box! It's really a sheep and Hannah Cate loves it! I will love it even more when she figures out how to make it pop out on her own....for now one of us have to do it for her and one time is never enough!

I stayed up entirely too late for a pregnant person, finishing up preparations for brunch and making sure everything was prepared for Santa's arrival. He did come and Hannah Cate was excited to see what he brought when she woke up the next morning! Lots of her gifts revolved around her new baby doll......a diaper bag for her baby, a stroller, a car seat.....as we get her ready for the "real" baby doll that will be making her appearance at our house very soon. She does love the baby doll and knows how to feed her a bottle and put her in her stroller. That is when Hannah Cate is not trying to drink the bottle herself or go for a ride in the stroller!


A dual screen DVD player for the car from Granddaddy.....what a life saver!


Books continue to remain a favorite for this sweet girl!

Matt's parents, Grandmother and Uncle Ross/Aunt Sian came over and joined us for brunch. I loved having everyone in our home and Hannah Cate certainly loved all the attention!


The only picture we took of Hannah Cate with our family on Christmas Day....pitiful considering we had three out of the four sets of grandparents present that day! Again, I'm resolving to do better next year....I've learned my lesson!

Getting ready to crash from all the excitement!

She wasn't the only one who crashed after everyone left.....I took a nap right along with her. I waddled around all morning and was just about certain we were heading to the hospital to have a baby! I felt much better after a nap and just realized that I had a case of 8 months pregnant Christmas over-exertion. I did it to myself when I insisted that no one help me.....another lesson learned......let people help!

That night we headed over to the Nebrig's for leftover soup and fellowship. I hope this is a tradition we'll continue with all of our Fairhope friends that also choose to stay home for Christmas. We had a great time visiting with them and rehashing our Christmas adventures!

No comments: