Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Weekend Before

The weekend before Christmas we celebrated with our friends and with Matt's Dad's side of the family.

We had our annual Fairhope Friends Dirty Santa party, hosted by the Steed's, on Friday night. I have absolutely zero pictures, but we had a great time and it's always great to be in the presence of good friends. It's super special when there are no kids around and you are actually able to finish a conversation! Somehow Matt and I managed to leave with the only two alcoholic gifts that were given. Pretty funny considering I'm pregnant and Matt doesn't really drink. Oh well, I guess that's just the nature of Dirty Santa!

Bright and early on Saturday morning we met up with the Nebrigs, Carrigans and Steeds at The Grand for breakfast with Santa. What a fun new tradition! I will say that the food at The Grand is not my favorite (especially considering the bill that comes at the end of the meal) but the atmosphere more than makes up for it! They do go all out for Christmas and that makes it extra special!

Hannah Cate was not such a fan of Santa this year, in fact, I wasn't even able to get a picture of her with him by herself because as soon as I sat her down in his lap she was screaming and there was no way I could back up to take a picture. Shands pretty much felt the same way and I can use his picture to show you just about how Hannah Cate felt.




We did manage to get a group picture of all the kids with Santa. I think it is hilarious that not a one of them is actually looking at the camera. Such is life with young ones!


Matt had to leave Breakfast with Santa early to head to work (another reason we ended up with no HC solo picture), so Hannah Cate and I hung out with the girls for the rest of the morning.


We went to visit The Chappells and new Baby Porter in the hospital and then we headed out for a little shopping.

After a nap for Hannah Cate, we headed down to Orange Beach for Christmas with Matt's Dad's family. We picked Matt up from work and he was showing some visitors around the resort so Hannah Cate and I played around for awhile outside. She loves to run around Heritage!


"Where's Da-Da?"

We had a nice dinner and then opened a few presents. Hannah Cate absolutely loved the Radio Flyer from B and Pops. They pulled her around in it for the rest of the evening and now every time we go in the garage she wants to go for a ride! These things have come a long way from what I remember......they even come complete with seat belts and sippy-cup holders! I can just see both little girls riding around in it this summer......what fun!


I think Hannah Cate is thinking that she could really get used to all these presents at every stop we make! All she has to do is put on a red or green outfit and she's sure to get a present!

More to come on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, plus the day after!

No comments: