Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Breaking the Habit

This post is specifically for my Mom (Mimi). I happened to mention in conversation the other day that we are working on breaking Hannah Cate from the swaddle blanket for sleeping. I literally heard her take a deep breath and if I were in the room with her would have seen a weight lifted from her! She said it made her day (along with the fact that she also found out my sister would be delivering her baby the next day, but that's another post coming soon because he's still not here yet!). She has been worrying about that sweet baby rolling over in her sleep and not being able get back over because her arms are pinned to her side......but the kicker is that she had not breathed a word of her worry to me, fearful that she would push her opinion on me or "get into my business". She makes me laugh because I crave her opinions and wisdom, but at the same time I appreciate her desire to not be over the top.

There's a balance, Mom, and you have always been good at finding it! So, just for you, here's documented proof that we are making progress! Look at those sweet arms all spread out!



And for all you other grandparents out there that might have been worried, take a deep breath!

1 comment:

e said...

precious HC - she looks like she is making a snow angel! When we took Jack out of the swaddle we put him in a wearable blanket thing - just fyi in case you worry about her getting cold.